About Wavve Boating
Wavve Boating is a Kingston-based startup that’s goal is to completely disrupt the boating industry with our new app that takes a modern spin on nautical charts and the on-the-water social community. Two years ago we set out to transform the boating experience on the 1000 islands, and today our app serves boaters all across North America.
Removing dangers, connecting boaters, and sharing experiences is what we do.
About the Role
We are expanding our nautical chart coverage and need help in doing so. The primary role is to take paper/raster nautical charts and convert them to digital/vector format. We will provide the software and training. This is a very flexible role where the selected candidate will be compensated based on chart area converted. The selected candidate can work when and where they want and this is not expected to be a full time position. The demand for this effort will be higher December 2019- March 2020.
A secondary and following opportunity for this position is to evaluate and improve Wavve Boating’s infrastructure for digital chart processing.
Job duties include:
Receive raster files from the Wavve Boating management team and convert to digital format using software provided by Wavve Boating. It will be expected that you manage your time accordingly to meet agreed upon deadlines.
The ideal candidate will have GIS experience and will use their expertise to evaluate opportunities to improve Wavve Boating’s infrastructure for acquiring, organizing and managing nautical chart data.
Requirements for this role:
- GIS experience is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Bachelor's Degree and/or College Diploma ( or in progress) , with some experience in technical development.
- History of following through and making it count when it matters most!
You are our ideal candidate if:
- You love boating, sailing, or just H2O generally!
- You are analytical by nature - you use data to draw conclusions and make decisions
- You’re digital savvy
- You’ve always wanted to be part of a start-up
- You can walk the talk
- You enjoy researching and learning
- You enjoy staying up to date with news, trends, and innovations
- You enjoy a good laugh - especially at work surrounded by a team that acts like a team
- Our core values - Be Better Everyday. Make it Happen. Always Remember the Data. Never Pass the Buck. Appreciate What you Don’t Know. Get in the Customer’s Boat. Enjoy the Ride - SPEAK to you.
Apply today! Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org