Last updated: May 24, 2018
Personal Information Collect, Use, Disclosure and Consent
- We will only collect Personal Information that is necessary to fulfill the following purposes:
- To provide a user identifier on the Wavve mobile application map. Users are identified by Facebook name or ‘Username’;
- To track your boat draft and location for given routes to improve the route mapping service;
- To share your location, if selected within the mobile application, to other users to improve the boating community;
- To verify identity;
- To identify your preferences;
- To open and manage an account;
- To ensure you receive a high standard of service;
- To meet regulatory requirements;
- Other legal reasons as apply to the goods and services requested.
- In order to register as a user with Wavve, you may choose to sign in using your Facebook login. If you do so, you authorize us to access certain Facebook account information, such as your public Facebook profile (consistent with your privacy settings in Facebook), your email address, interests, likes, gender, education history, current city, photos, personal description, and friend list. You will also be asked to allow Wavve to collect your location information from your device when you download or use the Service. In addition, we may collect and store any Personal Information you provide while using our Service or in some other manner.
- We may collect, use or disclose Personal Information:
- When permitted or required by law;
- In an emergency that threatens an individual's life, health, or personal security;
- When the Personal Information is available from a public source;
- When we require legal advice from a lawyer;
- For the purposes of collecting a debt or protection from fraud;
- Other legally established reasons.
- We retain your Personal Information for the time necessary to fulfill the identified purposes or a legal or business purpose. You may request a correction to your Personal Information to ensure its accuracy and completeness. A request must be in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and must provide sufficient detail to identify your Personal Information and the correction being sought.
- We are committed to ensuring the security of your Personal Information and may use passwords, encryption, firewalls, restricted employee access or other methods, in our discretion. We will use appropriate security measures when destroying your Personal Information such as shredding documents or deleting electronically stored information, in our discretion.
- When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use and other statistics ("Log Data").
- In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this type of information in order to increase our Service's functionality. These third party service providers have their own privacy policies addressing how they use such information.
Personal Information You Share
- The Services are based on a community of users publicly sharing information with Wavve and with other members of that community.
- You may choose to share content, including but not limited to Wavve Points, with the community. The content that you share to all users is neither private nor confidential and you should not have any expectation of privacy with respect to it. Any content shared with the entire Wavve community will be posted along with some of your Personal Information, including but not limited to your Wavve name, Facebook profile name and profile picture, and your location information. You must exercise caution and common sense when submitting information. At the very least you should demonstrate the same degree of caution as when publishing Personal Information by means other than the Internet and cellular services.
- You can decide whether or not to upload content to the Services. However any content that you submit for public posting, may be viewed by all users of the Services and by Wavve.
- Wavve does not control the conduct of users and disclaims all liability in this regard. Users are advised to carefully and thoroughly consider whether or not to make public or available any information and carefully examine all necessary details related to any communication with other users prior to any engagement or communication being made.
- Participating in any user's activities as a result, directly or indirectly, from using Wavve, is entirely at your own risk. Wavve is not a party to any agreement entered into between the users in any circumstances. The user has the sole and ultimate responsibility regarding compliance with all laws, regulation or any other duty. We do not accept any liability for any loss, damage, cost or expense that you may suffer or incur as a result of or in connection with your participation in any activity or event initiated, held or conducted by a user or a third party nor in connection to any agreement between the users or third parties, including any activity or event related in any way, directly or indirectly, the Services or the use thereof.
- Subject to the provisions regarding the use of your Personal Information, above, we may use and store information about your location. We use this information for the purposes set out above, and specifically, to provide features of our Service, to improve and customize our Service. You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time, through your mobile device settings.
Cookies (Applicable to the Wavve website only)
- Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer's hard drive.
- We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
- These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and shall not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us at email@example.com.
- The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Although Wavve strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security and you cannot reasonably expect that Wavve’s databases will be immune from any wrongdoings, malfunctions, unlawful interceptions or access, or other kinds of abuse and misuse.
- Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
- If you are located outside Canada and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the information, including Personal Information, to Canada and process it there.
Links To Other Sites
- We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
- The Service is not intended for anyone under the age of 18 (a "Minor").
- We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from Minors. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Minor has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from Minors without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.