About Wavve Boating
Wavve Boating is a Kingston-based startup that’s goal is to completely disrupt the boating industry with our app that takes a modern spin on nautical charts and the on-the-water social community. Enabling boaters to confidently navigate and explore with ease, while connected to their boating community, is what we do.
Three years ago, we set out to transform the boating experience on the 1000 islands. Today our app serves boaters all across North America, and was just integrated onto the 2021 Sea-Doo.
Our Core Values
- Be Better Every day: We push ourselves and each other to learn, improve, and get better every day
- Make it Happen: We act, we do, we work hard to make the right things happen
- Always remember the Data: It supports the decisions and conclusions we make
- Embrace the journey, together: We learn from the lows, we celebrate the highs, and we always make sure to enjoy ourselves with laughter and fun along the way
- Collaborative: We love creating win-win situations between our teammates, customers, and stakeholders.
- Accountability: We own an “it’s on me” mentality to grow ourselves and the business.
Wavve is hiring full stack software developers to join our team and help shape our product. This is an incredible opportunity to immerse yourself in a fast-paced team-oriented environment. You’ll get to work with cutting-edge technologies, solve challenging problems daily, and collaborate with a passionate and talented team.
How You Fit
You are a great fit if you get what it’s like to be a developer at a growing software company; lots of hats, lots of autonomy, lots of fun. If you’re high energy, enthusiastic, curious, and you pay attention to the details while instinctively taking ownership of your work, keep reading. If you’re excited at the idea of writing software that will be easy to follow while being performant and scalable, keep reading.
- A graduate of a college level (or better) program in Software Development, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- At least 4 years into your journey as a software developer
- An excellent communicator who is into collaborating and sharing ideas
- A positive person who inspires those around you
- A fan of boating, sailing, or just H2O generally!
- Analytical by nature – you use data to draw conclusions and make decisions
- Excited about the idea of building your own code and being responsible for what happens
- Fired up about researching, learning and staying up to date with news, trends and innovations
- Comfortable with some or all of our tech stack (see below), with demonstrable projects using some of these technologies
Don’t have all of the above? That’s okay, we welcome candidates who may have some of the skills, and are excited at the prospect of learning the rest.
We pride ourselves on using great tools and technology to make our product excellent and our processes smooth. To that end, we routinely seek out and incorporate improvements to how we go about creating our product.
- Backend: Python, Django, PostgreSQL
- Frontend Web: Vue, PHP
- Frontend Mobile: Java, Objective-C/Swift
- Other Frameworks: MapBox, Facebook, Firebase
Dev/Ops, Production, Productivity:
- Design: Figmac, Invision
- Cloud: AWS, GCP
- Code management: GitHub
- Team/Agile Comm tools: Slack
You’ll be working either remotely or in-office depending on the day. We have adapted the tools necessary to carry out agile software development, so expect the project and status related interactions to be efficient and fun. We foster a positive focused collaborative work environment both in-office and remote. You will be collaborating with your team to:
- Develop and design software solutions
- Architect, develop, test, and implement database driven mobile and web apps
- Successfully deliver mission critical products and features and consistently meet deadlines
How to Apply
Please send your resume, LinkedIn and Github profiles to firstname.lastname@example.org or through the below submission.
We’d also like to know what it is about this opportunity you find interesting, as well as anything fun you’d like to share about yourself!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a work environment that is both diverse and inclusive. You will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, creed, disability, or age.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.