About Wavve Boating
Wavve Boating is a Kingston-based startup that’s mission is to make boating easier, safer, and more enjoyable for everyone. We are disrupting the boating industry with our marine navigation app that takes a modern spin on nautical charts and the on-the-water social community.
You can find our software in the hands of tens of thousands of boaters across the United States and Canada, integrated onto the latest models from SeaDoo, and adopted by Boat Clubs/Boat Rentals across the continent.
In just a few years of existence, we’ve partnered with industry heavy hitters such as Bombardier Recreational Products, Freedom Boat Club and Kalkomey.
About the Role (Marketing Director)
The Marketing Director will play a pivotal role within Wavve Boating by propelling the growth of our B2C and B2B initiatives. The ideal candidate will have proven experience running effective digital marketing strategies in the mobile app space. Working closely with Wavve’s CEO, the director will plan, prepare, launch, analyze and optimize a variety of marketing initiatives to grow our subscriber base and presence in the recreational boating market.
This role requires a deep understanding of the customer data flow from first install to in-app events, user/behavior tracking, attribution modeling, and quantitative/qualitative analysis to make data informed decisions to test, optimize and scale all types of digital marketing programs effectively. The ability to operate on both a strategic and tactical level is crucial, along with the skills to work both analytically, and also creatively with the creation of various customer facing materials.
You’ll need to know our competitor like the back of your hand, and our customers better than they know themselves. You’ll back up your strategic proposals with market evidence as you empower our marketing engine.
You may be the perfect fit if you are a strategic, business-savvy, and passionate self-starter who wants to grow with a rapidly accelerating company. We expect to triple our customer base in 2022 and lean into our product’s potential for virality. The selected candidate will begin the role conducting nearly all marketing functions, but over time, will be able to add supporting specialists and other team members to increase the capacity of the department.
From planning to execution, this senior role will be responsible for:
- Leveraging a variety of organic and paid acquisition channels including:
- PPC (Apple Search Ads/Google UAC)
- Social Media
- Content Marketing Including Email
- Maintaining brand integrity across all company marketing initiatives and communications.
- Deploying marketing campaigns and owning their implementation from ideation to execution and iteration.
- Monitoring and reporting CAC across all channels while proposing and executing performance improvements to meet business growth objectives.
- Managing the budget for advertising and promotional programs and campaigns.
- Producing valuable and engaging graphic and written materials that attract and convert our target market.
- Attracting, training and managing skilled new team members with proven organizational and empathic leadership acumen.
Requirements for this role:
- Keen brand awareness – a clear understanding of how brands are grown and the importance of a balanced marketing mix.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- A hands on attitude – being both analytical and hard working.
- Proven track record of growth marketing (preferably with mobile apps) using various tracking tools and optimization strategies.
- A strong understanding of the latest mobile marketing trends.
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
- Excited to work with a small team where you can make a big difference.
- BSc/MSc degree in Marketing or related field.
- Proven marketing experience with at least five years in a similar role.
- Fluency in MMPs as well as all major mobile ad networks.
- Skilled with graphic editing tools (Canva) and office productivity tools.
- Comfortable editing, creating and managing pages on a website (preferable WordPress).
- A sense of aesthetics and a love for great copy.
You are our ideal candidate if:
- You love boating, sailing, or just H2O generally!
- You are analytical by nature – you use data to draw conclusions and make decisions
- You thrive in a digital marketing environment
- You have excellent creative writing skills
- You have an eye for design
- You enjoy researching and learning
- You enjoy a good laugh
- Our core values –
Be better every day: we push ourselves and each other to learn, improve, and get better every day
Make it happen: We act, we do, we work hard to make the right things happen
Always remember the data: It supports the decisions and conclusions we make
Embrace the journey, together: We learn from the lows, we celebrate the highs.
Collaborative: We love creating win-win situations between our teammates, customers, and stakeholders.
Accountability: We own an ‘it’s on me’ mentality to grow ourselves and the business.
– SPEAK to you
Our preference is to have a team member who can work with us in the office in Kingston Ontario, but consideration will be given to remote work.
Candidates are asked to submit their resume along with a well-crafted cover letter outlining their relevant experience.
Please note that if we are interested in your application, we will be sending you a relatively low effort marketing activity to complete as part of our evaluation process.